Sunday, January 27, 2013

society impact by internet

Society is impacted more and more everyday by the amount technology has grown over the past few years. People rely on the internet more than ever before these days and where it is probably one of the most amazing things give to us as human beings, it is also more terrifying than ever. People don't know how to interact with anyone because it's all text messages, it's all over facebook and so on. Everyday the internet gives us answers, it helps us further our minds to what we want to know. Everyday more and more information is let out and our minds are able to get in more information because the internet makes it so available to us. Computers are now in classrooms, in almost every house in the united states, and available on most cell phones. Learning is so much easier, learning is made fun now because of the internet and i truly believe that the future generations will benefit from this incredibly because of what technology and the internet has to offer.

On the down side of thing though, people rely on the internet for everything now. I'll admit myself that I very rarely learn something without using the internet. People also are relying on the internet to meet future loved ones, start a family, and many other personal matters that 15 years ago would have never been thought of. When I go out everyone's face is buried in their phones, having to text, tweet, and post on various websites. Social skills are something people have to work on now versus being able to just socialize and have fun. 

Just like everything else in life, the internet has it's ups and downs. I think it's up to us now to find the balance and use it to it's full benifit

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I agree that people do rely on the internet. I am guilty because it's hard to go somewhere I do not have access. It makes me feel as if I am disconnected from the world and my friends. I agree that there needs to be a balance of normal life interactions and the internet so that people can remain sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meaghan. This was a really great post. Some words of wisdom that I don't think I have read in anyone else's posts so far: Balance!

    I often watch these people who are so attached to their phones and wonder what the heck is so important all of the time. Sadly, I have watched many a parent walking along with a toddler - parent is on the phone and the child is quietly at their side. If I wasn't such a coward, I might walk up and tell them about the precious time they are wasting.

    This is only an ancedotal fact, but according to the CDC, statistically childhood injuries were going down year after year, until the cell phone. Now childhood injuries are on the rise again. In my humble opinion, I agree with the CDC's findings, that parents are being distracted by their phones and neglecting their children - hence, more injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meaghan
    I enjoyed your post, I rely on the internet as my main source of news every day. There is so much out there that I also agree that sometimes you have to sift through articles to get accurate information. Who would have thought 25 years ago about this amazing product, I guess I’m dating myself a little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meaghan,

    It is true that Society is impacted more and more everyday. The Internet is an entire new world developing at the conclusion of the 20th century. Every day, the Internet expands by the social, political, and economic activities of people all over the world, and its impact growth exponentially. In this new world there is no geographical separation and there are no borders, and all people are encouraged to participate and contribute drawing on their experiences and resources. In cyberspace actions and reactions are essentially instantaneous, and this is why the Internet is so gratifying and attractive. This is why it has impacted our society in almost all areas of human endeavor. All in all, the Internet is affecting so many peoples' lives, in a most welcome, exciting and challenging ways. But in my opinion the most important thing is to maintain that human contact with all family and friends.

    ReplyDelete