So last year I went on a camping trip with my fiancé and his family. And lets just say this family knows how to cook. We were over regular fire pits with nothing else but what we had brought, and they literally cooked 5 course meals. Well even though these meals were incredible, I love the pick food supplied while camping. Especially when it's cold out and something warm and fattening right off the fire pit, it's the best. His aunt introduced me to Jalapeño Poppers. Now most of you think about the deep fried ones, but clearly there was no deep fryer over the fire pit. They were to die for. Being home, I'm not going to start a fire every time I want this delicious snack..So I've compromised a little and used the grill, or even the oven. The best part is I wrap them in bacon too. Talk about amazing! So as always here's the recipe:
What you'll need:
10-12 Jalapeños
1 block of cream cheese
1 lb. bacon ( I like maple cured the best )
First take the block of cream cheese out of the fridge and let soften for a few. then wash and cut all the jalapeños in half and take our all the seeds. They're super hot and can really do some damage to your mouth. Once you have cut all the peppers, take the cream cheese with a spoon and stuff the half peppers with it. Do this to each pepper, and once completed cut the bacon in half. If you don't cut the bacon in half it almost overpowers the pepper itself. Wrap the peppers stuffed with cream cheese with the bacon and stick a toothpick through each one so the bacon will stay wrapped around while you are cooking. Place in oven on a cookie sheet and cook about 20 minutes (if your using an oven). For the last 5 minutes turn the broiler on in the over to crisp up the bacon. You don't want to cook the poppers too long because the bacon starts to squeeze the cream cheese out, so between 15 & 20 minutes, start keeping an eye out...It all depends on your oven.
Let sit for about 10 minutes. And then serve & enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment