Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cake Balls

So I'm sure everyone has seen the new cake pops everywhere at their local super market. Well as I'm sure everyone can tell, I much rather make all my own desserts at home. Way more fun, and you looks way cooler than all those other people who just throw a bunch of cookies on a platter. Well here's the recipe to make your own cake balls and wow everyone.


What you'll need:
 
1 (18.25 oz) package of chocolate (or vanilla) cake mix
1 (16 oz) prepared chocolate (or vanilla) frosting
1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating

How to do it: 

  1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
  2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. 
  3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set. If you desire, buy a bunch of small sticks so you can use them to make cake pops!(: 
I seriously had the toughest time making them into perfect balls, after a few shots at making them perfect they looked like the professional ones from the bakery. However every time I made them, they tasted delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very yummy Meaghan! My friend Katie makes cake pops all the time. I'll have to show her your recipe to try something new. I bet her sorority sisters would love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete