6 Eggs
3 1/2 cups of flour
2 Sticks of butter
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp vanilla (or anise)
First beat eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat the mixture until smooth. Add cooled melted butter and the vanilla (or anise). Once you have mixed these ingredients, sift the baking powder and the flour and then add to egg mixture. You want to make sure that the mixture is not runny; making sure that it is sticky enough to be dropped onto the pizzelle pan.
Depending on what pizzelle pan you have you want to either press the cookie for anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Once cookie is a golden brown take the cookie off the pan and let cool for a few seconds and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Cut edges and keep on baking!
I swear, these are some of the most amazing cookies you will ever have in your entire life. I love these cookies and look forward to them every holiday! Special thanks to my Mom for showing me how to make these<3

Hi Meaghan
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, your very creative, I like your embedded picture, I think it was pretty easy to embed this into our blogs this week. I think the directions were more complicated than they needed to be. I was a bit confused reading them, so I skipped the instruction section all together and winged it. It was very simple. I love Pizelles!
Hi Meaghan,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your family recipe. My grandchildren loved these cookies. Also I will incorporate these cookies in our holiday menus.
Thanks, Blanca.
Hi Meaghan,
ReplyDeleteThank you very much I'll be using this recipe! Please let me know if you have any for large cakes! I have my sister's baby shower coming up and was thinking of trying to be a cake boss.
-Teryn
Hey Meaghan,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is making me hungry! It makes me think of my mom in the kitchen at Christmas baking. Unfortunatley I am not very good at baking! Or maybe thats a good thing? Anyway Take Care
James
Hi Meaghan, I love Pizelles! I think I'll call my sister and ask her to bake some for me. She has the pan :)
ReplyDeleteNice post!
Robin
Hi Meaghan,
ReplyDeleteLove the family recipe! I have so many memories of baking with my grandmother. The tradition of making something that is a family favorite makes baking so much better, especially at the holidays. Thanks for sharing.